At Pisatahua we offer work-exchange opportunities to a select number of applicants. Individuals with a sincere interest in making a positive and lasting contribution are invited to become part of our community.
Specific Volunteer Roles
We are currently looking to for skilled professionals with experience in botany, mental health, mycology, cooking, sustainable development, permaculture and oil/soap making. Volunteers who fill one of these specific roles may receive a scholarship to stay at Pisatahua.
Click on the roles below for a more detailed description:
Pisatahua also receives “general” volunteers who can assist on a range on projects. Tasks depend on the applicant’s experience and interest, as well as our needs. Applicants will coordinate with Pisatahua’s staff to develop a mutually beneficial role. Click on the link below for a more detailed description:
General Volunteer Expenses
• $600.00 per month for general volunteers
• After 3 months of service there is no cost
• After 6 months, a salaried position may be offered
* Fees may be waived entirely depending on skill-set and experience
We provide dedicated individuals the rare opportunity to live in one of the most biodiverse areas of the Amazon, while learning about plant medicines from traditional healers. All volunteers receive accommodation, food and drink, travel to lodge, and access to on-site activities and ceremonies.
Please send the following information to email@example.com, clearly stating your position(s) of interest:
- Your CV/resume
- A cover letter explaining your interest in partnering with Pisatahua
In your cover letter, please mention your available dates, languages spoken, specific skills that would be beneficial to our work, previous experience with plant medicines and/or retreats and what you hope to learn during your stay with us.
* Despite being volunteer positions, we receive many applications and it’s highly competitive. We’re looking for dedicated individuals, willing to make a true commitment. We ask you to take your responsibilities seriously. We receive no more than 2 volunteers per month.