General Volunteer Positions
Pisatahua is looking for dedicated individuals looking to make a lasting contribution. General volunteers assist on a range of projects at our retreat center. Specific tasks depend on the applicant’s experience and interest, as well as our needs. Applicants will coordinate with Pisatahua staff to develop a mutually beneficial role.
* We are especially interested in individuals with experience in graphic design, organic cooking and complementary healing modalities.
- Kitchen help: cooking, serving food, and keeping the area clean
- Setting up, organizing and planning guest arrivals
- Translation services
- Community garden work: planting, weeding, composting, harvesting, etc.
- Healing services such as: massage, meditation, yoga, art therapy, etc.
- Ceremony sitter: provide basic assistance to guests during ceremony
- Content writing/ blogging
- Videography and video editing
- Fluency in English and Spanish is preferred
- 3-month time commitment
- Capacity to collaborate and work in a team environment
- Physical and mental stability
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with limited supervision
- Flexibility and patience
We provide dedicated individuals the rare opportunity to live in one of the most biodiverse areas of the Amazon, while learning about plant medicines from traditional healers. All volunteers receive accommodation (at Pisatahua and Riberalta), food/kitchen access, clean-water, and access to on-site activities.
This position is available (with all the benefits mentioned above) at no cost to volunteer; however applicants will typically be required to pay for a retreat at the start of their volunteers work and make a multiple-month committment.
How to Apply:
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating your position(s) of interest:
- Your CV/resume
- A cover letter explaining your interest in partnering with Pisatahua
In your cover letter, please mention your available dates, languages spoken, specific skills that would be beneficial to our work, previous experience with plant medicines and/or retreats and what you hope to contribute during your stay with us.