Safety at Pisatahua
At Pisatahua we maintain a caring, safe and supportive center to ensure guest welfare at all times. Our healers are individuals of integrity with decades of experience working with plant medicines. Our facilitators are trained support specialists that understand the needs of our guests. Safety and security is paramount to everything we do.
In response to the COVID-19 virus, we’ve implemented simple, yet effective, biosecurity measures to ensure a clean, comfortable and secure environment for retreat.
Some of our risk management and safety protocol measures include:
- A thorough medical and psychological screening process prior to arrival. All interested individuals must submit a pre-arrival medical questionnaire to evaluate potential risk factors.
- We supply detailed orientation information to help prepare individuals for their journey. This information includes everything from visa requirements to ayahuasca dietary concerns. Additionally, we are always available to chat via Skype or Whatsapp to answer any pre-arrival questions.
- Upon arrival we provide additional information regarding Pisatahua, the facilities, the hosts, the ceremonies and the activities. Our staff is always approachable and will answer all your questions to the best of our abilities.
- We work with highly experienced, responsible healers, trained in the shamanic path. Our healers are dedicated and respected community members.
- We hold intimate ceremonies to ensure that each individual receives the personal attention he or she requires.
- We have bilingual assistants present for every ceremony. From guiding guests to the toilet, to providing blankets, their role is to support participants however necessary.
- Our ayahuasca is prepared with sustainably-harvested plants from the Aquicuana Reserve. We never use dangerous admixtures such as toe (Brugmansia suaveolens). We use only the ayahuasca vine (banisteriopsis caapi) and chacruna (psychotria viridis).
- We carefully measure all plant-medicine dosages. Participants with limited experience may begin with smaller dosages and slowly increase with successive ceremonies.
- We conduct a physical and emotional check on all our guests after each ceremony before they leave the maloca and return to their rooms.
Additional Safety Measures
- We maintain 24-hour transport and constant cell-phone service to the city of Riberalta.
- We have medical specialists on call 24 hours a day; 7 days a week.
- All food and drink is prepared with filtered water and we provide filtered drinking water in all rooms and common spaces.
- We have a fully equipped first-aid kit and each room has its own fire extinguisher.
- We provide detailed information and techniques on how to safely integrate the ayahuasca experience. We’ve designed a post-dieta guide to assist guests in this process. Guests are also welcome to contact us for support any time they choose — months, or even years, after leaving the retreat-center.