Ayahuasca Scholarship Program
Pisatahua’s Scholarship Program is an initiative to increase access of Amazonian plant medicine treatments. This program provides applicants a scholarship to attend an ayahuasca retreat at our center in the Bolivian Amazon.
At Pisatahua we are committed to making our medicines and knowledge accessible for all those who seek it. We understand that many individuals who need the medicine most, are those least able to obtain it. As such, Pisatahua designed a scholarship program to support individuals seriously committed to their healing process, who would otherwise be unable to attend a retreat. There is no discrimination in the selection process; however, special emphasis will be given to local Bolivian leaders.
This scholarship program is meant for those who would not otherwise have the financial means to attend a retreat with us. We ask that you only sign up for this program if this is the case for you, otherwise you will be taking a spot from someone who truly needs this support.
The following terms and conditions apply to Pisatahua’s Ayahuasca Scholarship Program.
- Applicants must be 18 years or older
- Applicants must truthfully and accurately fill out an application
- Applicants must first pass our medical screening process in order to be accepted.
- Recipients agree to write a thank you letter and submit a written/video testimonial and or blog.
- We provide full scholarships, and 50% partial scholarships off of retreat fees.
- Two spaces per retreat are typically open to scholarship recipients. We hope to increase this number over time.
- Air-fare and travel expenses are not included.
- Application deadline is 45 days prior to the retreat. Scholarships will be awarded 21 days prior to the retreat start date.
- If an applicant is not granted a scholarship, the application is still eligible for future scholarships for a period of one year.
- Pisatahua will review all applications and notify ayahuasca scholarship recipients.
- If additional follow-up is required, we we’ll coordinate a video conversation.
Any donation that you wish to make towards this program can be done by clicking the donate button above.
Financial Aid and Payment Plans
For those who may be working within a budget, we are one of the most reasonably priced retreat centers in existence. We offer economical, safe and comfortable lodging options under the forest canopy. While we normally ask for a 50% deposit to secure your spot, we evaluate payment plans on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for more information, or if your financial situation warrants additional assistance.
If you are a veteran, Pisatahua is currently seeking to partner with the Heroic Hearts Project, a non-profit organization which offers financial aid to veterans of war wanting to undergo ayahuasca treatment.