At Pisatahua we offer work-exchange opportunities to a select number of applicants. Individuals with a sincere interest in making a positive and lasting contribution are invited to become part of our community.
We invest in our volunteers and recognize their importance to our retreat-center and non-profit. In return, we expect a high level of dedication and personal responsibility. We expect proactive professionals, able to make a sincere commitment.
Sustainable Construction at Pisatahua
We are currently looking to for skilled professionals with experience in carpentry, permaculture design, web-design, art, holistic-health practices, botany, mental health, mycology, cooking, sustainable development and oil/soap making.
We accept applications of all kinds and encourage everyone to apply. We are open to creating new and unanticipated roles depending on the unique skills and life experiences of our applicants.
Below are a few specific (yet flexible) roles we seek to fill:
- Plant Guide Specialist
- Permaculture Specialist
- Oil/Soap Maker
- Mental Health Specialist
- Ayahuasca Retreat Volunteer (General)
* Applicants will coordinate with Pisatahua’s staff to develop a mutually beneficial role.
* Volunteers may be asked to participate in a retreat before beginning their assignments.
We provide dedicated individuals the rare opportunity to live in one of the most biodiverse areas of the Amazon, while learning about plant medicines from traditional healers. All volunteers receive free-accommodation, clean-water, access to kitchen, some local transportation, and access to on-site activities. During retreats, volunteers will be provided the same food as our guests. Volunteers will also have access to our communal-home and non-profit office in the city of Riberalta with office spaces, accommodations, kitchen, internet, etc.
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating your position(s) of interest:
- Your CV/resume
- A cover letter explaining your interest in partnering with Pisatahua
In your cover letter, please mention your available dates, languages spoken, specific skills that would be beneficial to our work, previous experience with plant medicines and/or retreats and what you hope to learn during your stay with us.
* Despite being volunteer positions, we receive many applications and it’s competitive. We’re looking for dedicated individuals, willing to make a true commitment. We ask you to take your responsibilities seriously. We receive no more than 3 volunteers per month.