At Pisatahua we offer work-exchange opportunities to a select number of applicants. Individuals with a sincere interest in making a positive and lasting contribution are invited to become part of our community.
We seek proactive professionals, able to make a sincere commitment. We expect a high level of dedication and personal responsibility.
Volunteer Roles with Pisatahua
We are currently looking for skilled professionals with experience in carpentry, permaculture design, web-design, art, holistic-health practices, botany, mental health, mycology, cooking, sustainable development, oil/soap-making and more.
We do not have many needs for volunteers to directly support guests during retreat as this work is predominately done by our staff, caretakers, healers and their assistants.
We accept applications of all kinds and encourage everyone to apply. We are open to creating new and unanticipated roles depending on the unique skills and life experiences of our applicants.
Below are a few specific (yet flexible) roles we seek to fill:
* Volunteers are typically expected to make a contribution of $300 a month to cover basic utilities.
* Opportunity to participate in retreats or attend ceremonies for a nominal fee paid directly to the healer.
* We ask for a 2-month minimum commitment to be accepted in Pisatahua’s volunteer program
* Applicants will coordinate with Pisatahua’s staff to develop a mutually beneficial role.
- Bilingual (Spanish, English, Other)
- Multiple Skill Sets
- Hard-working with experience in professional/pressured work environments
- Independent worker with high level of self-motivation
- Experience living off-grid or outdoors or in rugged environments
- Experience living in community or shared living spaces
- Open-Mind + Open-Heart
Volunteer Roles with Non-Profit
Pisatahua and our non-profit, Sustainable Bolivia (SB), are intimately linked in all we do. All roles through SB are also roles with Pisatahua; however, the conditions are different. Please click on the link below to see a list of specific (yet flexible) roles:
We provide dedicated individuals the rare opportunity to live in one of the most biodiverse areas in the world. All volunteers receive accommodation, basic food supplies, kitchen, clean water, and access to onsite activities. Most importantly all volunteers have the opportunity to make a lasting contribution to support plant, animal and human populations inside the Aquicuana Reserve.
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly stating your position(s) of interest:
- Your CV/resume
- A cover letter explaining your interest in partnering with Pisatahua
In your cover letter, please mention your available dates, languages spoken, specific skills that would be beneficial to our work, previous experience with plant medicines and/or retreats and what you hope to contribute during your stay with us.
* Despite being volunteer positions, we receive many applications and it’s competitive. We’re looking for dedicated individuals, willing to make a true commitment. We ask you to take your responsibilities seriously.